Carbon Monoxide Warning

A 23 year old woman, who lives in Krakow on Highway A, called 911 after her carbon monoxide detector went off. 911 dispatchers told the woman to leave the house with her one year old child and wait in her car for Washington fire crews to arrive. the CO leak was attributed to a propane furnace. Both the woman and child were fine. Washington Fire Chief Bill Halmich is glad this situation turned out fine but says all too often carbon monoxide leaks end tragically. Halmich would like to see everyone who heats their house with fossil fuels including propane, natural gas, oil or wood burning stove to have and test a Carbon Monoxide detector. Halmich also advises people with an attached garage, no matter what type of furnace you have, to be aware of the risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. Symptoms include headache, fatigue, nausea, dizziness and confusion. If your CO detector goes off, immediately leave your residence.


2 days 19 hours ago

The KLPW Radio Athlete of the Week is Freshman Cross Country Runner Julia McIntyre from New Haven High School. Julia finished sixth in the state meet in Jefferson City with a time of 20:58.40 at the Oak Hills Golf Course in Jefferson City earlier this month. She helped her team to a 12th place finish. Julia was a straight A student at Franklin County R-2 and she continues to get A's in high school.

OFF THE CUFF with Diane Jones

1 week 18 hours ago

Football players strike. A university president resigns. Suddenly, the University of Missouri is in the eye of a media firestorm. Mizzou has now supplanted Ferguson as the hash tag known round the world.



21 hours 20 min ago

63rd Annual Borgia/Pepsi Thanksgiving Tournament...
Pacific 61 Normandy 49
Soldan 60 Washington 33
St. Louis Blue Knights 66 Union 56

Kennedy Round Robin
Kennedy 58 Wright City 48