Carbon Monoxide Warning

A 23 year old woman, who lives in Krakow on Highway A, called 911 after her carbon monoxide detector went off. 911 dispatchers told the woman to leave the house with her one year old child and wait in her car for Washington fire crews to arrive. the CO leak was attributed to a propane furnace. Both the woman and child were fine. Washington Fire Chief Bill Halmich is glad this situation turned out fine but says all too often carbon monoxide leaks end tragically. Halmich would like to see everyone who heats their house with fossil fuels including propane, natural gas, oil or wood burning stove to have and test a Carbon Monoxide detector. Halmich also advises people with an attached garage, no matter what type of furnace you have, to be aware of the risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. Symptoms include headache, fatigue, nausea, dizziness and confusion. If your CO detector goes off, immediately leave your residence.

ATHLETE OF THE WEEK

4 days 23 hours ago

The KLPW Radio Athlete of the Week is Union Quarterback Blake Hulsey. Last year as a junior, Blake completed 244 passes on 340 attempts for 3,316 yards, 28 touchdowns and just six interceptions. That's a completion percentage of 71.76 percent and rating of 130.242. He also carried the ball 148 times for 664 yards and 18 touchdowns. Blake also averaged more than 40 yards per punt.

OFF THE CUFF with Diane Jones

2 weeks 2 days ago

I have been behind the microphone for 10 years now. In the course of time, I have covered many elections and have seen first-hand how bruising and hurtful campaigns can be to people. None have been as difficult to watch, however, as the annexation battle in Washington--which pitted good people who care about their community against good people who care about their community.

OFF THE CUFF ARCHIVE

COMMUNITY MUST HEAL: A CHALLENGE - 08/06/2014 - 3:18pm
Senior Games Embrace Life! - 06/23/2014 - 11:23am
Evil at UC Santa Barbara - 05/27/2014 - 11:22am

SPORTS CORNER

22 hours 3 min ago

The Union/Festus Soccer game this evening has been postponed and is rescheduled for Monday, October 13th.