Carbon Monoxide Warning

A 23 year old woman, who lives in Krakow on Highway A, called 911 after her carbon monoxide detector went off. 911 dispatchers told the woman to leave the house with her one year old child and wait in her car for Washington fire crews to arrive. the CO leak was attributed to a propane furnace. Both the woman and child were fine. Washington Fire Chief Bill Halmich is glad this situation turned out fine but says all too often carbon monoxide leaks end tragically. Halmich would like to see everyone who heats their house with fossil fuels including propane, natural gas, oil or wood burning stove to have and test a Carbon Monoxide detector. Halmich also advises people with an attached garage, no matter what type of furnace you have, to be aware of the risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. Symptoms include headache, fatigue, nausea, dizziness and confusion. If your CO detector goes off, immediately leave your residence.


1 day 21 min ago

The KLPW Radio Athlete of the Week is 6-7 Junior Center Alex Movila from St. Francis Borgia Regional High School in Washington. He scored a combined 61-points in three games of the Borgia/Pepsi Thanksgiving Tournament last week. Alex led the team in all three games with 21 against Fatima in the first round and 16 in the second round against Carnahan and 24 against North Tech in the Gold Championship game.

OFF THE CUFF with Diane Jones

1 week 5 days ago

Football players strike. A university president resigns. Suddenly, the University of Missouri is in the eye of a media firestorm. Mizzou has now supplanted Ferguson as the hash tag known round the world.



1 hour 31 min ago

Boys Basketball...
Winfeild Classic...
Warrenton vs. O'Fallon-Christian at 3:30

Montgomery County Tournament...
Middle School...
Fulton vs. Wellsville at 5:30
New Haven vs. Clopton at 7:00
High School...
Bowling Green vs. Silex at 5:30
Montgomery County vs. Hermann at 7:00

Crystal City Tournament...
St. Clair vs. Crystal City at 7:30